Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The R.M.House at Kamachha,Varanasi.

Rai Chan Singh to Rishabh Deo Singh memorial Trust at Kaithi and Varanasi.

In the event of my untimely death in a year or two,I am,sort of drawing-out a “Will and Testament” for the management of the acquisitions made through my personal efforts and my NRI earnings over last fifty years and invested by my able spouse ,wisely,creating a stir among near and dear ones,specially but sadly,so as to spell-out my intentions in a bold and clear message to all and sundry and which may be registered,duly.

At the outset of my venture to Kaithi,after only ten years sea-service,so as to stop the selling spree of the land,by the revered elders,little did I know ,for certain,that I was to go so deeply,in the random professies of Pd. Parmeshwar Dwevedi and the Coffee-house table-mate and a district judge Mr. Srivastava,that I am destined to explore the past of my ancestors,handing it on a platter to the coming generations.Guided profusely by my wife,I went to sea,across the Indian ocean and achieve a non-resident-Indian status for taxation purposes,my various companies opening my accounts in exotic sounding foreign banks,one after the other.I would accumulate dollars and stop sailing,till it was all exhausted,in constructing a massive house in Varanasi.Then, I would again head for the sea,to earn more.And then stop sailing again,for all the fifty years,till the ripe old age of seventy.I like to think of the World-conqueror Raja Raghu,who operated in the same manner,and gave away every thing till he was left with only earthen-bowls in his hands(see my translation of Kalidas in the” plebeians”).

I came to firm conclusion that it was Rai Chan Singh judeo,who was installed in Kaithi at the tender age of five,by his father,Rai Khem Raj Singh judeo in around 1485 AD.And his living quarters later became the first residential house of his grand-son Sees Chand ,in which we ,now ,reside,although having weathered a severe shock on 28th of june,1952,when my father Babu Rishabh Deo Singhji died of suspected poisoning,for the purpose of eliminating the first line of descent of the first house of the Raghuvansies of Katehar,from the ownership of large tracts of alluvial and dryland portions in the village,apportioned ceaselessly and carefully by the great sage of the family Bharat Singh,between 1882 and 1944. So as the story nearly came to end by designs of the unscrupulous and unrelenting,in 1952,with the demise of Rishabh deo Singh,except for my several concentrated efforts to reestablish in the Sees Chand Mansion,to the displeasure of all and sundry,I too am constrained in making a memorial-service,at that point of our stay in Kaithi,the Ayodhya of the Raghuvanshies of Katehar.

Jaipal Singh Hall of Fame of the 1st House of the Raghuvanshies of Katehar,at Kaithi.

I may or may not be able to do the above,as a certainty,so I designed a hall in my Varanasi residence at Vinayaka(N 16/132B),Kamachha,for housing the ancestors of Kaithi from Rai Chan Singhjudeo to Rishabh deo Singhji(1485-1952),and called the structure as R.M.House,viz.Raichan Singh to Rishabhdeo Singh”Memorial House.
After the demise of myself and my spouse(whose name has been used as the owner),the enigmatic problem of it’s upkeep will arise.So, I make all my children responsible for not only it’s upkeep and maintenance,but expansion and acquisition of appertant and adjoining properties,open to sale,by their full-fledged involvement in the memorial house,in way of allotting them all portions for their use(and as for as possible avoid subletting them,on a regular basis),for which they shall deposit Rs.100,000/-yearly,in advance,in the Funds created for running the Trust(the details of which shall be formulated by an advocate).There shall be a review of the annual rentals,every five years,so that about fifty lakhs shall be in the reserve for alterations and major repairs,if need be.In fifty years time,there should be two crores in the reserve and a total over-haul of the building can be undertaken,if need be.There is no reason why my children shall not follow in my footsteps in maintaining a property created as a memorial to their ancestors as well.At the same time,they are at liberty to opt out of the cumbersome responsibility,stated above,and shall just remain happy by only kindly guiding the Board of Trustees to carry-out their onerous task thoughtfully,where they will be honourable permanent invitees cum trustees(as the advocates finalise the issue).The responsibility will not be thrust upon anyone,it has to be shared willingly and faithfully,as for as my own children are concerned.

Incomplete as at 11.20PM on 24th of july,2009,at Spaghetti,Nevi- Mumbai-410210
Penned by Suresh Pratap Singh,himself.

Furthermore,on the 8th of August,2009.

A clarification for the children and the advocates of the Trust andthose involved in drawing the minutes of the Trust,intended by me about the R.M.House in Vinayaka,Varanasi,the nature of the intended possession without rancour and ill-will on anyones part,is to maintain harmony between brother and the two sisters and let no one feel deprived or given a special treatment by me or my wife,but always bearing in mind that it was raised to honour my ancestors for which duty I seem to have been born and not for making anyone rich or ambitious and over-possive just because I have fathered him or her.No squandering of my property shall be allowed by anyone,including my wife,in case she survives me,just because her name has been registered in goodwill and good faith and no child shall be permitted to hoodwink or bully her in making any will in anyones favour,as the final Will is hereby being made by the man who built the memorial by his own earnings,notwithstanding continuous encouragement,support and exhortation by the better half, but she is hereby,being stopped from making any of her own will except for canceling any part of my will on account of ill-will or misbehaviour by any one of the beneficiaries or their descendants and children.No one ,not even me can stop her from being the master of the ceremonies and all actions so long she is alive.
More later.Suresh Pratap Singh at Navi Mumbai on 8.08.09

No comments:

Post a Comment